Evaline Campbell, a resident of the Wellsville Retirement Community, passed away Sunday, November 15, 2015 at the Olathe Hospice House in Olathe, KS. A graveside service will be held at the Franklin Grove Cemetery in Franklin Grove, IL.
Evaline was born September 16, 1915 in Sycamore, IL, the daughter of Adam C. Cliffe and (Helen) Edna (Sitts) Cliffe. In 1942, she married Glen G. Campbell in Evanston, IL. Her brother Thomas, sister Edna Larson, and her husband preceded her in death.
Evaline received a Bachelor of Education from Northern Illinois State Teacher’s College; a music degree from Sherwood School of Music in Chicago, IL; a Master of Library Science degree from the University of Wisconsin and a Bachelor of Music in organ performance from Kansas University in Lawrence, KS. Evaline continued taking organ performance classes at Kansas University well into her 80’s. She loved the challenge of continuous learning.
She was both an elementary music teacher and a high school librarian in the Kenosha, WI. school system for 23 years as well as a high school librarian for 10 years in Beaver Dam, WI. Evaline was a gifted musician who enjoyed serving as a church organist. She was the church organist for 21 years at St. Mathew’s Episcopal Church in Kenosha, WI, 6 years at the First Lutheran Church in Beaver Dam, WI, and 10 years for the Grace Episcopal Church in Ottawa, KS.
Evaline loved her family, Bach classical music, reading, nature and gardening, knitting and crocheting. She had a great sense of humor. In September, the family enjoyed her 100th birthday celebration.
Survivors include: 4 daughters, Charlotte (Gary) Stewart of Muskego, WI; Conney (Randy) Jensen of Leesburg, VA; Margaret (Steve) McNally of Tucson, AZ; Carolyn ( Lowell) Stansberry of Baldwin City, KS, 9 grandchildren, 16 great grandchildren, and 1 nephew, Keith Larson of IL.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Leader Dogs for the Blind 1039 S. Rochester Road Rochester Hills, MI 48307-3115 email@example.com or may be sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, 120 W. 13th Street, Lawrence, KS 66044.