Donald E. Watson
No formal services for Donald E. Watson MD, 80 of Lawrence are planned. He died Monday, June 29, 2015 at his home.
DONALD EUGENE WATSON
Date of Birth: May 12, 1935
Place of Birth: Wichita, Kansas
Spouse: Betty Watson
- Debra Jean Wilson
- Heather Jane Sliffe
- Scott Jacob Watson (11/13/64 – 10/29/86)
- Four Grandchildren & One Great-Grandchild
- AB: University of Kansas, Chemistry (1955)
- MD: University of Kansas Medical Center (1959)
- Intern: University of Kansas Medical Center (1959-1960)
- Fellow: Albert Einstein College of Medicine (neurophysiology) (1960-1963)
- Fellow: University of Washington (physiology and biophysics) (1963-1965)
- Resident in Psychiatry: UC, Irvine (1973-1976)
License: G-24623 (California)
- Diplomate: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (1978)
- California Medical Association (retired)
- Orange County Medical Association (retired)
- Orange County Society of Clinical Hypnosis (Past President)
- Society for Scientific Exploration (member)
- Institute of Noetic Sciences (member)
Voluntary and Community Activities, Partial Listing
- Founder and Former Chairman, Clean Air Coordinating Committee
- Former State Chairman, Californians for Environmental Quality
- Organizer and Founder, Society of Professional Scientists and Engineers at the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory
- Member, American Mensa, Ltd.
- Senior Research Fellow, International Society for Philosophical Enquiry
- Member of Board, International Academy of Philosophy
- 1959 – 1960: Intern, Univ. Kansas Med. Ctr., Kansas City, KS
- 1960 – 1963: Postdoctoral Fellow (USPHS) Neurophysiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY
- 1960 – 1962: Instructor, Physiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 1962 – 1963: Assistant Professor, Physiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 1963 – 1965: Special Fellow (USPHS), Membrane Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WN
- 1965 – 1973: Senior Scientist, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, Biomedical Division, University of California, Livermore, CA
- 1973 – 1976: Resident, Psychiatry, University of California, Irvine (UCI), Orange, CA
- 1975: Chief Resident, Psychiatry, University of California, Irvine
- 1976 – 1977: Staff Psychiatrist, Assistant Ward Chief and Forensic Psychiatrist, UCI Medical Center
- 1976 – 1977: Clinical Instructor, Psychiatry, UCI Medical Center
- 1977 – 1989: Assistant Clinical Professor, Psychiatry, UCI Medical Center
- 1976 – 1989: Private Practice of Psychiatry, Santa Ana, CA. (retired)
- 1978 – 1980: Medical Director, CPC Santa Ana Psychiatric Hospital, Santa Ana, CA
- 1991 – 1995: Advisor to Board, Orange County University School of Law.
- 1990 – 1997: Consultant, utilization review, psychiatry, Unicare/Cost Care
- 1998 – present: Director, James Clerk Maxwell Project, Human Energy Systems Laboratory, University of Arizona
- 1998 – present: Member, Editorial Board, The Noetic Journal
- D.E. Watson, P.R. Schloerb and D.C. Darrow, “Carbon Dioxide Loss from Burned Skin,” Surgical Forum 10:, 355 (1960).
- D.E. Watson, D.C. Darrow, H. Hanna and C.J. Kaiser, “Tissue Composition of Adrenalectomized Rats: Effects of a Short Fast with and without Injection of Hydrocortisone and Desoxycorticosterone,” Metabolism 12: 452 (1965).
- G.A. Morrill and D.E. Watson, “Transmembrane Electropotential Changes in Amphibian Eggs at Ovulation, Activation, and First Cleavage,” J. Cell Physiol. 67: 85 (1966).
- G.A. Morrill, J. Rosenthal and D.E. Watson, “Membrane Permeability Changes in Amphibian Eggs at Ovulation,” J. Cell Physiol. 67: 375 (1966).
- G.A. Morrill, A.B. Kostellow and D.E. Watson, “The Electropotential Difference between the Blastocoel and the External Medium in Amphibian Embryo; Its Similarity to the Adult Frog Skin Trans-skin Potential,” Life Sciences 5: 705 (1966).
- D.E. Watson, “The Location of the Iodide Pump,” in Program Book for the Advisory Committee for Biology and Medicine of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Part 2, UCRL-14739, 109 (1966).
- D.E. Watson and D.M. Yee, “Mechanism of the Iodide Pump,” in Program Book for the Meeting of the AEC Bio-Medical Program Directors, p. 35 (1967).
- D.E. Watson and D.M. Yee, “Behaviour of Ag/AgCl Electrodes in Solutions Containing both Cl– and I–,” Electrochimica Acta 14: 1143 (1969).
- D.E. Watson and D.M. Yee, “Rate of I-Cl Exchange for Ag/AgCl Electrodes in Solutions Containing both I– and Cl–,” Electrochimica Acta 16: 549 (1971).
- D.E. Watson, The Risk of Carcinogenesis from Long-term Low-dose Exposure to Pollution Emitted by Fossil-fueled Power Plants, University of California, Lawrence Radiation Laboratory Report UCRL-50937 (1970).
- D.E. Watson, “Comparative Environmental Costs of Various Energy Sources; a Perspective,” in Proc. Health Physics Soc. Sixth Ann. Topical Symp. on Radiation Protection Standards, Vol II, p. 336 (1971). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, “Goals of Cost-Benefit Analysis in Electrical Power Production” in Risk vs Benefit Analysis: Solution or Dream?, H.J. Otway, Ed., Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory Report No. LA-4860-MS (1971). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, Cost-Benefit Relations in Air Quality Standards: Biomedical Research for Assessing the Health Costs of Air Pollution, Lawrence Radiation Laboratory Report UCRL-51282 (1972).
- D.E. Watson, A Study of Comparative Health Costs of Nuclear and Fossil Fuels; Review and Commentary, Lawrence Radiation Laboratory Report UCRL-00926 (1973).
- D.F. DeFrancisco and D.E. Watson, “Chronic Crisis in a Family; A Father with Leukemia,” in The Experience of Dying, E.M. Pattison, Ed., Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ (1977).
- D.E. Watson, “Psychiatric Aspects of Critical Care,” Audio Cassette Lecture X3-602, National Critical Care Institute of Education, Feb. 1976. Invited.
- D.E. Watson, “Psychiatric Liaison Services to the Critical Care Nursing Staff,” Critical Care Update! 4: 5 (1977). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, “Stress in Retrospect,” Critical Care Update! 4: 12 (1977). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, “Analysis of a Critical Care Unit as a Dynamic System,” Chapter 3 in Mosby’s Comprehensive Review of Critical Care, Second Edition, Donna A. Zschoche, Ed. (1980). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, “Holmesian Skills in Medicine,” (ltr) The Western Journal of Medicine 143: 112, July, 1985.
- D.E. Watson, “If Demons are Real, They’re Allergic to Neuroleptics,” Psychiatric Times Essay Contest: (Grand Finalist 3/12/87).
- D.E. Watson, “Personal Computers: Shop for Software First, Then Hardware,” The Morgan Horse, October, 1989.
- D.E. Watson, “Enformy: The Capacity to Organize,” Thinking on the Edge, 181-189, R. Kapnick, A.A. Kelly, Eds, Agamemnon Press, Burbank, CA (1993).
- D.E. Watson, “The Theory of Enformed Gestalts: A Model of Life, Mind, Health.” Advances: The Journal of Mind-Body Health 13(4), 32-36 (Fall 1997).
- D.E. Watson, “Memories of Sir John Eccles.” The Noetic Journal 1 (1), p. 1 (1997)
- D.E. Watson, Gary E.R. Schwartz and Linda G.S. Russek, “The theory of enformed systems: A paradigm of organization and holistic systems.” The Noetic Journal 2(2), pp. 159-172 (April, 1999)
- Schwartz, Gary E. R., Linda G. S. Russek, D. E. Watson, Laurie Campbell, Susy Smith. Potential Medium to Departed to Medium Communication of Pictorial Information: Exploratory Evidence Consistent with Psi and Survival of Consciousness. The Noetic Journal 2(3) July, 1999
- D.E. Watson & Bernard O.Williams, Eccles’ Model of the Self Controlling Its Brain: The Irrelevance of Dualist-Interactionism. NeuroQuantology 1:119-128 January, 2003
- Solomon Reversed on Appeal, Telicom, X, 18: 36, Feb, 1992.
- True Beliefs-I, Telicom X, 20: 44, Apr, 1992.
- True Beliefs-II: Autistic Certainty, Telicom XI, 7: 43, Apr, 1993.
- The Legal Model vs the Psychological Model, Telicom XI, 15: 43, Feb, 1994.
- Sanctuary for Minds, Telicom XI, 17: 31, May, 1994.
- Are We `Nothing but a Pack of Neurons’? Telicom XI, 25: 62, Feb, 1995.
- The Corrupting Influence of the Legal Faith, Telicom XI, 30: 48, Aug, 1995.
- The Suicide Test, AI’s Holy Grail, Telicom XI, 33: 50, Nov, 1995.
- D.E. Watson and V.E. Amassian, “Synaptic Organization of Motor Cortex,” Physiologist 4: 131 (1961).
- G.A. Morrill and D.E. Watson, “Transmembrane Potential Changes During Fertilization of R. pipiens Eggs,” Fed. Proc. 21: 149 (1962).
- D.M. Yee and D.E. Watson, “Specificity of Ion Selective Electrodes in Heterogeneous Solutions,” Proc. 20th Ann. Conf. on Eng. in Med. and Biol., p. 15.4 (1967)
- D.E. Watson, “Enformy and Enformed Gestalts: A Radical Theory of Consciousness,” Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the Society for Scientific Exporation, June 5-7, 1997. The Explorer 13(2&3) p. 4. (Spring/Summer 1997). [Abstract]
- D.E. Watson, G.E.R. Schwartz and L.G.S. Russek, “A Comprehensive Theory of Consciousness I: Enformy and Enformed Systems.” Consciousness Research Abstracts: Toward a Science of Consciousness (Tucson III) p. 137 (1998) [Abstract]
- G.E.R. Schwartz, L.G.S. Russek and D.E. Watson, “A Comprehensive Theory of Consciousness II: A Theory of Meta-systems.” Consciousness Research Abstracts: Toward a Science of Consciousness (Tucson III) p. 138 (1998) [Abstract]
- D.E. Watson, Surviving Your Crises, Reviving Your Dreams, Mills & Sanderson, Bedford, MA (1994).
- D.E. Watson, The Last Miracle, Writers Club Press, Lincoln, NE (2000)
- Pal Friday Office Manager, © 1988 Perceptive Publishers.
- WorkHorse Series (CheckBooks, AddressBooks, PhoneLog, Executive, Invoicer), © 1990 Donald E. Watson, MD.
- D.E. Watson, “Insanity is an Illusion that Leads to Delusion,” Los Angeles Times, May 25, 1982.
- D.E. Watson, “Actually, Jury was Judging Prosecution, Not Hinckley,” Orange County Register, June 30, 1982.
- D.E. Watson, “Bird’s Feat: Redefining Legal Concepts as She Sees Fit,” Orange County Register, October 27, 1986.
- S.J. Watson, (D.E. Watson, ed.), Dreamers Always Win, Perceptive Publishers, Santa Ana, 1987.
- D.E. Watson, “Buddhist Endocrinology: A Balm for Ailing Doctors,” The Psychiatric Times, December, 1990.
- D.E. Watson, “The Game of Law,” Orange County Register, July 24, 1994.