No formal services for Donald E. Watson MD, 80 of Lawrence are planned. He died Monday, June 29, 2015 at his home.
DONALD EUGENE WATSON
Date of Birth: May 12, 1935
Place of Birth: Wichita, Kansas
Spouse: Betty Watson
- Debra Jean Wilson
- Heather Jane Sliffe
- Scott Jacob Watson (11/13/64 – 10/29/86)
- Four Grandchildren & One Great-Grandchild
- AB: University of Kansas, Chemistry (1955)
- MD: University of Kansas Medical Center (1959)
- Intern: University of Kansas Medical Center (1959-1960)
- Fellow: Albert Einstein College of Medicine (neurophysiology) (1960-1963)
- Fellow: University of Washington (physiology and biophysics) (1963-1965)
- Resident in Psychiatry: UC, Irvine (1973-1976)
License: G-24623 (California)
- Diplomate: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (1978)
- California Medical Association (retired)
- Orange County Medical Association (retired)
- Orange County Society of Clinical Hypnosis (Past President)
- Society for Scientific Exploration (member)
- Institute of Noetic Sciences (member)
Voluntary and Community Activities, Partial Listing
- Founder and Former Chairman, Clean Air Coordinating Committee
- Former State Chairman, Californians for Environmental Quality
- Organizer and Founder, Society of Professional Scientists and Engineers at the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory
- Member, American Mensa, Ltd.
- Senior Research Fellow, International Society for Philosophical Enquiry
- Member of Board, International Academy of Philosophy
- 1959 – 1960: Intern, Univ. Kansas Med. Ctr., Kansas City, KS
- 1960 – 1963: Postdoctoral Fellow (USPHS) Neurophysiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY
- 1960 – 1962: Instructor, Physiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 1962 – 1963: Assistant Professor, Physiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 1963 – 1965: Special Fellow (USPHS), Membrane Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WN
- 1965 – 1973: Senior Scientist, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, Biomedical Division, University of California, Livermore, CA
- 1973 – 1976: Resident, Psychiatry, University of California, Irvine (UCI), Orange, CA
- 1975: Chief Resident, Psychiatry, University of California, Irvine
- 1976 – 1977: Staff Psychiatrist, Assistant Ward Chief and Forensic Psychiatrist, UCI Medical Center
- 1976 – 1977: Clinical Instructor, Psychiatry, UCI Medical Center
- 1977 – 1989: Assistant Clinical Professor, Psychiatry, UCI Medical Center
- 1976 – 1989: Private Practice of Psychiatry, Santa Ana, CA. (retired)
- 1978 – 1980: Medical Director, CPC Santa Ana Psychiatric Hospital, Santa Ana, CA
- 1991 – 1995: Advisor to Board, Orange County University School of Law.
- 1990 – 1997: Consultant, utilization review, psychiatry, Unicare/Cost Care
- 1998 – present: Director, James Clerk Maxwell Project, Human Energy Systems Laboratory, University of Arizona
- 1998 – present: Member, Editorial Board, The Noetic Journal
- D.E. Watson, P.R. Schloerb and D.C. Darrow, “Carbon Dioxide Loss from Burned Skin,” Surgical Forum 10:, 355 (1960).
- D.E. Watson, D.C. Darrow, H. Hanna and C.J. Kaiser, “Tissue Composition of Adrenalectomized Rats: Effects of a Short Fast with and without Injection of Hydrocortisone and Desoxycorticosterone,” Metabolism 12: 452 (1965).
- G.A. Morrill and D.E. Watson, “Transmembrane Electropotential Changes in Amphibian Eggs at Ovulation, Activation, and First Cleavage,” J. Cell Physiol. 67: 85 (1966).
- G.A. Morrill, J. Rosenthal and D.E. Watson, “Membrane Permeability Changes in Amphibian Eggs at Ovulation,” J. Cell Physiol. 67: 375 (1966).
- G.A. Morrill, A.B. Kostellow and D.E. Watson, “The Electropotential Difference between the Blastocoel and the External Medium in Amphibian Embryo; Its Similarity to the Adult Frog Skin Trans-skin Potential,” Life Sciences 5: 705 (1966).
- D.E. Watson, “The Location of the Iodide Pump,” in Program Book for the Advisory Committee for Biology and Medicine of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Part 2, UCRL-14739, 109 (1966).
- D.E. Watson and D.M. Yee, “Mechanism of the Iodide Pump,” in Program Book for the Meeting of the AEC Bio-Medical Program Directors, p. 35 (1967).
- D.E. Watson and D.M. Yee, “Behaviour of Ag/AgCl Electrodes in Solutions Containing both Cl– and I–,” Electrochimica Acta 14: 1143 (1969).
- D.E. Watson and D.M. Yee, “Rate of I-Cl Exchange for Ag/AgCl Electrodes in Solutions Containing both I– and Cl–,” Electrochimica Acta 16: 549 (1971).
- D.E. Watson, The Risk of Carcinogenesis from Long-term Low-dose Exposure to Pollution Emitted by Fossil-fueled Power Plants, University of California, Lawrence Radiation Laboratory Report UCRL-50937 (1970).
- D.E. Watson, “Comparative Environmental Costs of Various Energy Sources; a Perspective,” in Proc. Health Physics Soc. Sixth Ann. Topical Symp. on Radiation Protection Standards, Vol II, p. 336 (1971). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, “Goals of Cost-Benefit Analysis in Electrical Power Production” in Risk vs Benefit Analysis: Solution or Dream?, H.J. Otway, Ed., Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory Report No. LA-4860-MS (1971). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, Cost-Benefit Relations in Air Quality Standards: Biomedical Research for Assessing the Health Costs of Air Pollution, Lawrence Radiation Laboratory Report UCRL-51282 (1972).
- D.E. Watson, A Study of Comparative Health Costs of Nuclear and Fossil Fuels; Review and Commentary, Lawrence Radiation Laboratory Report UCRL-00926 (1973).
- D.F. DeFrancisco and D.E. Watson, “Chronic Crisis in a Family; A Father with Leukemia,” in The Experience of Dying, E.M. Pattison, Ed., Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ (1977).
- D.E. Watson, “Psychiatric Aspects of Critical Care,” Audio Cassette Lecture X3-602, National Critical Care Institute of Education, Feb. 1976. Invited.
- D.E. Watson, “Psychiatric Liaison Services to the Critical Care Nursing Staff,” Critical Care Update! 4: 5 (1977). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, “Stress in Retrospect,” Critical Care Update! 4: 12 (1977). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, “Analysis of a Critical Care Unit as a Dynamic System,” Chapter 3 in Mosby’s Comprehensive Review of Critical Care, Second Edition, Donna A. Zschoche, Ed. (1980). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, “Holmesian Skills in Medicine,” (ltr) The Western Journal of Medicine 143: 112, July, 1985.
- D.E. Watson, “If Demons are Real, They’re Allergic to Neuroleptics,” Psychiatric Times Essay Contest: (Grand Finalist 3/12/87).
- D.E. Watson, “Personal Computers: Shop for Software First, Then Hardware,” The Morgan Horse, October, 1989.
- D.E. Watson, “Enformy: The Capacity to Organize,” Thinking on the Edge, 181-189, R. Kapnick, A.A. Kelly, Eds, Agamemnon Press, Burbank, CA (1993).
- D.E. Watson, “The Theory of Enformed Gestalts: A Model of Life, Mind, Health.” Advances: The Journal of Mind-Body Health 13(4), 32-36 (Fall 1997).
- D.E. Watson, “Memories of Sir John Eccles.” The Noetic Journal 1 (1), p. 1 (1997)
- D.E. Watson, Gary E.R. Schwartz and Linda G.S. Russek, “The theory of enformed systems: A paradigm of organization and holistic systems.” The Noetic Journal 2(2), pp. 159-172 (April, 1999)
- Schwartz, Gary E. R., Linda G. S. Russek, D. E. Watson, Laurie Campbell, Susy Smith. Potential Medium to Departed to Medium Communication of Pictorial Information: Exploratory Evidence Consistent with Psi and Survival of Consciousness. The Noetic Journal 2(3) July, 1999
- D.E. Watson & Bernard O.Williams, Eccles’ Model of the Self Controlling Its Brain: The Irrelevance of Dualist-Interactionism. NeuroQuantology 1:119-128 January, 2003
- Solomon Reversed on Appeal, Telicom, X, 18: 36, Feb, 1992.
- True Beliefs-I, Telicom X, 20: 44, Apr, 1992.
- True Beliefs-II: Autistic Certainty, Telicom XI, 7: 43, Apr, 1993.
- The Legal Model vs the Psychological Model, Telicom XI, 15: 43, Feb, 1994.
- Sanctuary for Minds, Telicom XI, 17: 31, May, 1994.
- Are We `Nothing but a Pack of Neurons’? Telicom XI, 25: 62, Feb, 1995.
- The Corrupting Influence of the Legal Faith, Telicom XI, 30: 48, Aug, 1995.
- The Suicide Test, AI’s Holy Grail, Telicom XI, 33: 50, Nov, 1995.
- D.E. Watson and V.E. Amassian, “Synaptic Organization of Motor Cortex,” Physiologist 4: 131 (1961).
- G.A. Morrill and D.E. Watson, “Transmembrane Potential Changes During Fertilization of R. pipiens Eggs,” Fed. Proc. 21: 149 (1962).
- D.M. Yee and D.E. Watson, “Specificity of Ion Selective Electrodes in Heterogeneous Solutions,” Proc. 20th Ann. Conf. on Eng. in Med. and Biol., p. 15.4 (1967)
- D.E. Watson, “Enformy and Enformed Gestalts: A Radical Theory of Consciousness,” Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the Society for Scientific Exporation, June 5-7, 1997. The Explorer 13(2&3) p. 4. (Spring/Summer 1997). [Abstract]
- D.E. Watson, G.E.R. Schwartz and L.G.S. Russek, “A Comprehensive Theory of Consciousness I: Enformy and Enformed Systems.” Consciousness Research Abstracts: Toward a Science of Consciousness (Tucson III) p. 137 (1998) [Abstract]
- G.E.R. Schwartz, L.G.S. Russek and D.E. Watson, “A Comprehensive Theory of Consciousness II: A Theory of Meta-systems.” Consciousness Research Abstracts: Toward a Science of Consciousness (Tucson III) p. 138 (1998) [Abstract]
- D.E. Watson, Surviving Your Crises, Reviving Your Dreams, Mills & Sanderson, Bedford, MA (1994).
- D.E. Watson, The Last Miracle, Writers Club Press, Lincoln, NE (2000)
- Pal Friday Office Manager, © 1988 Perceptive Publishers.
- WorkHorse Series (CheckBooks, AddressBooks, PhoneLog, Executive, Invoicer), © 1990 Donald E. Watson, MD.
- D.E. Watson, “Insanity is an Illusion that Leads to Delusion,” Los Angeles Times, May 25, 1982.
- D.E. Watson, “Actually, Jury was Judging Prosecution, Not Hinckley,” Orange County Register, June 30, 1982.
- D.E. Watson, “Bird’s Feat: Redefining Legal Concepts as She Sees Fit,” Orange County Register, October 27, 1986.
- S.J. Watson, (D.E. Watson, ed.), Dreamers Always Win, Perceptive Publishers, Santa Ana, 1987.
- D.E. Watson, “Buddhist Endocrinology: A Balm for Ailing Doctors,” The Psychiatric Times, December, 1990.
- D.E. Watson, “The Game of Law,” Orange County Register, July 24, 1994.